I had a lot of fun making this one… I started it way back in January, when the temperatures were subzero and the thought of real flowers was nothing more than that – a thought.
To quilt it, I stitched around the flower shapes, and then stitched pinwheel shapes in between the flowers randomly. I can’t free motion quilt yet, and I thought straight lines would be a PITA on this one.
I added an embroidered butterfly…
This is a horribly-lit shot of the backing fabric. I didn’t realized the lighting for the photo was so bad until I after I had already sent it off.
I had been obsessing about making something with that fabric for a long time. I’m glad I finally found a use for it.