I really let the garden get away from me this year. I had a hectic summer, but that’s no excuse for how badly overgrown things got.
Inspired by the Zombie Barbie Garden at This Mama Makes Stuff, I decided I might as well turn my horror story of a garden into the real deal.
I got some of the dolls from a friend who has three daughters and a home daycare, but the bulk of them came from the thrift store. Even though they were going to be buried, I wanted to wash them first. The dishwasher seemed appropriate.
I don’t think our neighbors can see into this part of our yard from their windows, but if they did, they might have wondered what I was doing…
I used a spray paint specifically made for plastic, but apparently “plastic” does not equal “Barbie heads and legs.” The paint adhered and dried just fine on the torsos, but after a day of drying, the heads and legs were still tacky. I rubbed some baby powder on them and they were good to go.